Our Government is helping Hong Kong passport holders to remain in Australia
- I am pleased our government is helping Hong Kong passport holders to remain in Australia, with pathways to permanent residency:
- - Hong Kong is finished as a financial centre.
- - As a regular business traveller to Hong Kong, I know Australia can be the beneficiary of vandalism.
- - 1,000 international companies have their regional headquarters there. We want those jobs in Sydney - not in Singapore.
- - The government has also announced it will suspend our extradition treaty with Hong Kong.