In my First Speech to the Senate, I promised I would devote time and effort to helping Australia come to a landing on reconciliation. The most recent iteration being the Uluru Statement.
I have always believed an Indigenous Voice to Parliament must focus on service delivery for local communities, click here.
My model for an Indigenous Voice honours the Uluru Statement of the Heart and upholds parliamentary sovereignty. I strongly endorse constitutional recognition.
My Five Principles for success:
1) Capture broad support of the Indigenous community
2) Focus on community level improvements
3) Maintain the supremacy of Parliament
4) Maintain the value of equality
5) Strengthen national unity
To read more about my Five Principles for success, click here.
Click here to read my address to the 2019 SIETAR Conference.